Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Snow Day

Another Snow Day


At first the snow days were so awesome because we kept on getting out of school. I'm not kidding when I say that in the month of January we literally had one full week of school. Now, the snow days are getting annoying. I hate the cold so I am getting a serious case of spring fever at the moment. Plus, the snow days now are messing up my SOL (standards of learning) test for writing which is this week; yikes! Every snow day, me and my friends that live on my street go out to the hill behind our houses and sled. The last time we all went sledding, my friend Ali ended up getting hit in the head with a sled because she threw snow at my other friend who then proceeded to hit her in the head. I'm not kidding, we got it all on video tape. It was pretty funny to watch. The thing I love the most about snow days is hot chocolate. I have no idea how I would make it through the snow without hot cocoa. I love sitting at my table drinking warm, delicious, hot cocoa with marshmallows in it. YUM.

On a completely different topic, today is Saint Patrick's day! The national day to wear green and pinch people who aren't wearing green. Right now the leprechauns are buried under six inches of snow so they won't be an issue. I don't know if you guys have any weird traditions on Saint Patrick's day, but my family does. Every year we make green rice. Yes, you read it right, green rice. Basically, we put food coloring into the pot of rice and, tada! Green rice.  Comment down below about your holiday traditions. Happy Saint Patrick's Day, wear green and don't get pinched.

~Mary Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment