Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Writing SOL Part 1

 Grab Your Pencils Everybody, It's Time To Write!

At my school we take standardized tests at the end of the year to make sure we learned all the stuff we were supposed to learn. Today, the eighth grade students took the first part of their writing SOL (the writing SOL is only in fifth and eighth grade). The first part was multiple choice. Basically, I had to sit and take a really long test about proper grammar and spelling. It was insanely boring, but easy. However, you don't just get to leave when you're finished. You have to wait for either the whole class to be done, or for the next block to start. Each block is about an hour and thirty minutes. I finished my test in about 45 minutes, which is pretty quick for an SOL. That's not necessarily a good thing though, because I didn't go back and check my answers fifty times like the teachers want, but I'll risk it. That meant that I had to sit in the silent computer lab reading for 45 minutes after I finished the long test. Normally, I would love to read for that long, but I was pretty much falling asleep after that test and it was kind of hard to focus on my book while I was trying to not fall asleep. Next week we have to take the actual writing portion of the writing SOL. Lucky me, I get to write a long essay on a prompt that I don't get to chose Whoohoo!!! Yeah, it's not that great. Did I mention that I hate writing essays? After I take the next portion of the test I'll post something on that.

In other news, I did really good on a hard Spanish assignment that I thought I wouldn't do well on. Also, just a couple of days ago I got hooked on a TV show called Teen Wolf. It's about a high school guy who gets bitten by a werewolf and then turns into a werewolf and has to deal with werewolf drama. The werewolf guys' best friend is named Stiles and he is an awesome character. He is so absent minded and smart at the same time that it's very funny.

Comment down below if you watch teen wolf, or if you have to take long tests like mine :) Also, please follow our blog. Thanks.

~Mary Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment