Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 23~ W is for Weekend Writing

So every so often my english teacher assigns us to write on the weekends, in which she creatively calls them "Weekend Writings". I decided to post the weekend writing I wrote today for fun, tell me what you think :) (sorry, it's a bit lengthy I suppose)

The newly birthed sun peeked through the branches of the slender evergreens that reached up and touched the sky. The warm light kissed my face as if it was wishing me a good morning, or perhaps congratulating me that I awoke to live another day. 12 days. That's all I have left to live. 12 more sunrises, 13 more sunsets. My chest tightened and shivers went up my spine at the thought of it. I tucked a strawberry blonde curl behind my ear. 

Yesterday had been a perfectly normal day. I was in the school yard playing with the shiny black and white soccer ball along with the other middle schoolers. All was fun and games, that is, until the giant ominous cloud appeared. It was the biggest and darkest storm cloud I have seen in the entirety of my life and was close in comparison to pitch black. Static electricity crackled within the boundaries of the cloud, causing it to flash to an electric blue. I never saw the cloud in the distance, or move towards us. Certainly I would have seen it, but this cloud just suddenly appeared above our heads out of thin air like a magic trick. The wind picked up and rain poured out of the sky. Leaves twirled around the black top like mini tornadoes. Teachers rushed around frantically trying to get every student inside. Mr. Ramirez yelled at me harshly to come inside. I tried to run over and join my classmates, but I could not bring my body to move. It refused to budge an inch. I gazed up at the sky in awe. I was suddenly engulfed in pure white light and a large ‘boom’ was released, silencing the rain, my screaming classmates and Mr. Ramirez.

I peeled my crusty eyelids away from each other and brought my eyes to focus after a few seconds. I looked around. I was in a completely white room with greek pillars and a cream marble floor. A man with chiseled features sat in a throne across from me. His muscles were so grand I wondered how it was humanly possible. His sun kissed skin was accented by a pure white toga. In his long salt and pepper hair was an olive branch wreath. HIs longish facial hair came down in long locks of curls that hid his chin and covered his mouth.

“It’s about time you woke,” The man said in his booming voice. “I had wished to wake you up a few hours ago with a shock, but my son Apollo advised not to. You silly mortals and dying.” He pointed to a young man with a gleaming mop of hair that resembled gold and let out a bellow that shook the whole room as if the thought humored him.

“Tea?” Apollo asked, holding up a white ceramic mug. 

“Wait,” I said through a confused daze. “Mortal, as in your immortal?” I questioned.

“Nice to see your catching on,” The man said with a smirk on his face. 

“And if Apollo is your son, then you must be-.“

“Zeus.” Zeus chimed in. “Indeed, I am almighty Zeus, god of lightning. Cassandra, I do believe I have a quest for you."


ASFHSAS I put literally no thought into it, and it took me 10 minutes to write, so I hope you enjoyed my lazy attempt to write. Anyways this is day twenty-three of the A-to-Z Challenge! Check the creators out here. Also, Click for our youtube trailer here and out instagram here. We will be posting everyday, except sunday, each with the first letter starting with the following letter of the alphabet. Thanks for reading today :) TTYL!
~Melody Page

No comments:

Post a Comment