Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 18~ R is for Receiving Awards

Sorry for the late update, but I couldn't post it until today. You see, my civics teacher made our class
enter an essay contest about patriotism. At the time I didn't think much of it. About a month after I entered my essay in the contest, I got a letter addressed to me from a name I didn't recognize. I had my mom open it and read it. As she read the look on her face was one of curiousness. When I asked her if I could read it, she looked up at me with a glint in her eye. As I looked at it, my face lit up. I had won the essay contest for the county, and later, I found out that I had won all of my district, which is pretty big; Just saying ;) However my essay lost at the state level.

Today was the award ceremony for school, and the representative from the contest came and gave me my awards. He had a really big mustache, but he seemed pretty cool. I won $150 for winning the county and I won $250 for winning the district. However, I didn't know until I received it, that I had won the $250 dollars, I only knew about the $150. That was a huge surprise. I still have no idea what I'm going to spend my $400 dollars on. If you guys have any ideas put them down in the comments. Also comment and tell me if you've ever won anything :)

~Mary Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment